Your Finance: Learner Services Discretionary Funds

All learners attending courses on a full-time or part-time basis (around 10 hours or more) are eligible to apply but you must have taken the maximum finance available to support yourself, e.g. applied for a bursary, the full student loan etc. While every effort will be made to help as many learners as possible, the amount of funds are limited and priority will be given to learners who have to meet their own living costs.

Particular consideration will be given to those who have lost Income Support or Housing Benefit, as a result of starting College. It is the learner’s responsibility to supply all necessary documents which help to show hardship, e.g. letter of award (College bursary or SAAS); letter from Student Loan Company: proof of income, part-time or full-time; electricity/gas/telephone bills; childcare costs, etc. An assessment of need is based on the documentary evidence supplied. Remember if you need childcare you should apply as soon as possible.

A Discretionary Fund Form should be collected from and returned completed to Learner Services as soon as possible. If you have access to a computer Discretionary Fund forms (and guidance) are on the College VLE Blackboard. Remember, there is a limited amount of money for distribution, so don’t be slow. Ask for a confidential interview to discuss your finances. You never know what support you could be entitled to – if you don’t ask, you don’t get.

Latest News

Evening Class April and May

Find Out More...

Prospectus Downloads